Tasty Balsamic Meatballs
Enjoy these mini-sized meatballs made with lean ground beef and tangy balsamic vinegar, served over a bed of spinach with roasted cherry tomatoes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place cherry tomatoes in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper and place in a single layer, cut-side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add garlic, basil and parsley to the skillet and stir to cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Crack egg into a large bowl and lightly beat with a fork. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Add onion mixture, balsamic vinegar and lemon zest and stir to thoroughly combine, being careful not to overmix. Form into mini-meatballs and place in an even layer on another parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake tomatoes and meatballs for 30 minutes, flipping both halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, arrange spinach on each of 4 serving plates. Place mini-meatballs and tomatoes on top of spinach and serve hot.